+INTRO to Pro/SURFACE Workshop
Course Duration: 16 Hours
Tuition: $1200.00 US
Overview: Discuss different surfacing
styles and techniques. Learn with examples the basics of surfacing. More
than simply an introduction, this course sets participants up for an aggressive
growth into surface modeling. This class closely resembles the Pro/SURFACE
level one Design Engine workshop but uses several air forms as modeling
challenges. This is the class to set you up for our advanced surface modeling
Prerequisite: Only Basic Pro/ENGINEER experience needed.
- Create parametric curves which PTC calls datum curves.
- Use extrude and sweep surfaces to create simple surfaces.
- Learn to build thin protrusions from single surfaces and merged surfaces.
- Learn to use Extend, Freeform, Blend, Revolve and Flat surfaces.
- Use Transform surfaces
- Learn to use basic sweep functions and variable section sweeps.
- Discover and use the basics of four part boundaries and discover all
the options for surface boundaries.
- Utilize merge to join surfaces. Merge surfaces to form more complicated
sets of merged surfaces.
- Learn how to build not only 4 part boundaries but discover how well
Pro/ENGINEER handles 3 part boundaries but understand inherent problems
with 3 part boundary surfaces.
- Build Solids from surface quilts.
- Use surfaces to affect solid geometry
- Discover and use the basics of four part boundaries, hidden under
- Learn and use all the functions inside the boundary blend tool with
- Discuss building robust curves and benefits there of
- compare other surface modeling software utilities to Pro/SURFACE
- Discuss mathematically critical surfaces with examples.
- Discuss proper technique for letting others to follow understand your
approach to surface modeling.
- Discuss modifying other designers surface models.
- Discuss in detail surface analysis tools and discuss practical uses
Notice the tangency issues around the miror plane of this part.
- Fender tutorial
- Hood scoop tutorial
- Front Cirrus cowling tutorial
- helicopter surfacing tutorial
proe surfacing example.
helicopter fuselage in Pro/ENGINEER